Saturday, October 29, 2005

Steve's Plane Notes

Remember:
- sit near the front, so you can get out quickly
- bring earplugs (dangit)
- have something to do (book/ipod/laptop) (don't leave in bag you had to check in)

Best Parts:
- a virgin bloody mary. good stuff.
- takeoff
- that part when you go from flat flying to decending

Annoyances:
- Announcement volume. Mild heartattack every 20 minutes.
- The opening speech.
- Attempted jokes not-so-subtly buried in opening speech.
- TSA (don't get me started on the shoe thing)
- No electronics rule

About that last one: I actually had an attendant once make me turn off my laptop when I had it shut in the pouch in front of me. She saw the "heartbeat" light. I tried to explain "its asleep," but apparently she's never used a computer in her life. I wasn't about to explain the negligable amount of magnetic flux going on when there is just enough power running to keep the RAM in line. You Must Obey.

2 comments:

mcfizzy said...

don't you know ANYthing about the tensile strength of steel?

steve said...

i think that was trissy attempting to sound like john.